omg!!! my first eggs are fertile!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kagedgoddess, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    ok so One of my chickens started laying 5 days ago. [​IMG] i am so excited, [​IMG] the kids are excited only dh was not and thats cuz apparently he was scared to eat them... lol, i dont eat eggs. well one of his queasy questions was if they had baby chickens in them.. i said no our roo is too young and i havent seen him jumping any of the ladies yet. well i was WRONG. dd just came running in " Look mom, they laid another egg!" and DROPPED it! LOL right on the baby swing and cracked it, so i said, well feed it to roxy. then i thought, hmm i never saw a fresh egg since i was a little kid. i go look, BULLSEYE! [​IMG] omg. i am so NOT telling dh!

however... i do have an incubator.... he MAY start wondering where these baby chicks are coming from? i mean he doesnt want to EAT the eggs, right??? LMAO [​IMG]
    didnt someone want to know what a RIR crossed with a golden comet looked like right??? [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i no how you feel i just started getting eggs again and i have 1 pen w/ fertile eggs.............but i just started w/ chickens like 8 months ago so i was extatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
  4. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by