OMG! My HOVABATOR Genesis Just MALFUNCTIONED midway through a hatch! WHAT TO DO

oscartame

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
my almost brand new Hovabator Genesis just stopped working midway through a hatch. thankfully I did have a really old incubator laying around and I got the eggs in there.

This is only my third hatch in this thing! I can't believe this. I spent a lot of money buying it and no longer have the receipt, lost it in a move. (SO I Am pretty much screwed on getting a replacement))

Has anyone had this happen?

Seems to me like condensation has caused the control box to go haywire/

The "Heat" button that is usually lit up is blank and the temps just started dropping out of nowhere. thank god i was watching the bator carefully and noticed almnost right away.

I'm really worried for this hatch, they aren't even my chicks, I was hatching them for a friend.

Last edited:
Do you have a brooder lamp??? If they have started already then you can place them on a towel in a large box, and put the brooder lamp over them where they will be still getting about 99.5 degree temps. Also put a damp sponge in the corner it will help with humidity. Lay a thermometer close to the eggs so you will se what the temp is, and move them a bit as needed until you find the right temp.

Thank you for the advice HILDAR I did manage to get the old incubator up to temps and have had a few chicks hatch so far but I fear for the ones that hadnt pipped yet. the hovabartor genesis is still not working. my husband was sure it would work today once the condensation disappated but it hasnt. i'll be calling GQF soon. :(

Thank you for the advice HILDAR I did manage to get the old incubator up to temps and have had a few chicks hatch so far but I fear for the ones that hadnt pipped yet. the hovabartor genesis is still not working. my husband was sure it would work today once the condensation disappated but it hasnt. i'll be calling GQF soon. :(

Yes i think I would to. I almost bought a used hover bator on e-bay someone said all the eggs they placed in it had not been fertile, however I had to wonder. the chances of our own eggs not being fertile are pretty slim when there is a rooster around. So instead i got my daughter a class room sized one for the class to use. I figured we would be safer doing that then buying something used. Most embryos are pretty tough, and they can take small issues like this.
smile.png

Good luck with everything I sure hope all the chicks hatch. My chicks are due tomorrow, I am all excited to see them pop out of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom