omg new arrivals

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by orientphoenix, Jun 1, 2011.

1. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    okay so my uncle returned from his inlaws and brought back some of their red jungle fowl chicks, so happy, they did not even tell me until i went there to discover them for myself, these guys r probably 3 months at most, still has that black circle line on the eyes. i wonder will they fly away or conform to the rest of my flock?

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Can you post pictures of them? I have never seen a jungle chicken.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Too cool!

4. orientphoenix

Mar 21, 2011
  5. orientphoenix

Mar 21, 2011
    okay does anybody know what i should get to feed them, i heard they need a variety of feed

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Until you know, I would feed them lay mash. What is your climate there this time of year? If it is colder, then add scratch too.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Awesome!
    I'm no gamebird expert, but I would suggest a gamebird type feed if you can get it. It won't be crumbles or pellets like regular chicken feed but instead will have different types of grains (oats, corn, etc.) and seeds (like sunflower seeds).

8. orientphoenix

Mar 21, 2011
    Quote:Until you know, I would feed them lay mash. What is your climate there this time of year? If it is colder, then add scratch too.

it is getting warmer still a little chilly but it is northern california it will do fine in the winter, summers r to hot though

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

it is getting warmer still a little chilly but it is northern california it will do fine in the winter, summers r to hot though

I am in SoCal and the temps here get HOT HOT HOT.

10. orientphoenix

Mar 21, 2011
    Quote:it is getting warmer still a little chilly but it is northern california it will do fine in the winter, summers r to hot though

I am in SoCal and the temps here get HOT HOT HOT.

that is even worse, i live in sac but feel like i am already melting, i don't know how u guys do it down there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by