Omg omg omg eww, but what to do???

Congratulations.
big_smile.png

Sounds also like you can hatch your own eggs, soon. Cool.
cool.png

Makes you wonder how old those eggs WERE. I had several eggs that didn't develop in the 'bator. They sat at 100 degrees for a full incubation cycle and weren't rotten at all. They looked like fresh eggs when I finally cracked them open at day 21. No foul odor or anything, just some small amount of weight loss in the egg.

It must take a LOT to get quail eggs to rot and explode!

Quote:
Ugh, I just don't understand what would posess somebody to mail out old eggs intentionally but I also wonder why I had eggsplosions a week in. I had never experienced this before, my hands are always clean, must have been an issue his end? so it was either an accident on his part he needs to remedy or he's a dishonest vender. Either way I had a terrible experience and an even worse hatch. Three chicks out of 48 eggs ( 20 + broken on arrival) is abysmal.

On the bright side I have survivors. Looks like a golden a tuxedo (?) and possibly a pharoah. One of my test serama eggs hatched this evening too and the survivors are running circles around the upset lil serama in the brooder.

Postal mailing eggs. Heat can get them going early and that could be part of the problem. Depending on where they came from and where they were going to and when. What the weather was like. But definately a bigger problem than others have had.

Enjoy your babies. I was
lol.png
when you told about the 3 musketeers running circles around the Baby Serama.

Back
Top Bottom