OMG please help fast !!!

matthundley

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 11, 2009
ok, I just crack two of my incubating eggs !! what shoudl I do ? they are on day 15 !! they are not leaking or anything and its right on top ! man , i feel like such a Idiot !! please help me asap. Thanks

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
If they are not leaking, you probably just cracked the shell and not the membrane. Leave them alone, they should be fine.

Karrie13

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Minnesota
I don't have any experience with this but have heard others using candle wax to seal the crack. I have also heard plastic wrap being used just on the crack area. Really anything to keep the moisture but not hinder the chick from hatching.

Good luck!
fl.gif
I hope someone that has done this before responds soon.

Last edited:

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
Matt it not leaking go ahead and tape it or take some candle wax, even a crayon will be okay especially a white one. Try to seal it. I've had cracked eggs sealed with tape that have hatched. Keep candeling to check on their viablilty.

matthundley

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 11, 2009
ok, I will try some tape , I am afraid to touch them too much , im afraid it will crack all the way. Thanks guys ! this is my first try at it, and I only did 4 so if I lose 2 ill be depressed. Thanks !! ill keep yall posted on if they hatch.

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
yes candle wax will help keep the humidity inside the egg. I melt plain wax (not the perfume stuff) and put a little melted wax on your finger and wipe it over the crack. I had one hatch with a tiny hole in it after using the wax. It was totally fine. Good luck!

matthundley

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 11, 2009
well , just to update .. They did hatch. I had 4 in the bator and they all 4 hatched. thats pretty awsome for my first time!!!
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
. If it wasnt for BYC I could have never done it though. Thanks to all of you that helped with my questions.
clap.gif

Top Bottom