OMG please help fast !!!

matthundley

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 11, 2009
ok, I just crack two of my incubating eggs !! what shoudl I do ? they are on day 15 !! they are not leaking or anything and its right on top ! man , i feel like such a Idiot !! please help me asap. Thanks

If they are not leaking, you probably just cracked the shell and not the membrane. Leave them alone, they should be fine.

I don't have any experience with this but have heard others using candle wax to seal the crack. I have also heard plastic wrap being used just on the crack area. Really anything to keep the moisture but not hinder the chick from hatching.

Good luck!
fl.gif
I hope someone that has done this before responds soon.

Last edited:
Matt it not leaking go ahead and tape it or take some candle wax, even a crayon will be okay especially a white one. Try to seal it. I've had cracked eggs sealed with tape that have hatched. Keep candeling to check on their viablilty.

ok, I will try some tape , I am afraid to touch them too much , im afraid it will crack all the way. Thanks guys ! this is my first try at it, and I only did 4 so if I lose 2 ill be depressed. Thanks !! ill keep yall posted on if they hatch.

yes candle wax will help keep the humidity inside the egg. I melt plain wax (not the perfume stuff) and put a little melted wax on your finger and wipe it over the crack. I had one hatch with a tiny hole in it after using the wax. It was totally fine. Good luck!

well , just to update .. They did hatch. I had 4 in the bator and they all 4 hatched. thats pretty awsome for my first time!!!
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
. If it wasnt for BYC I could have never done it though. Thanks to all of you that helped with my questions.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom