OMG! RAGING RANT HERE!!

Quote:
That's just it though....you're better of paying with your savings than using your credit card. If you use your savings it will suck, but you can build it up again right from the beginning. If you use your credit card you will be paying out a lot more cash in the long run. You will have been able to make back your savings and then some by the time you pay the credit card off. A lot of it has to do with optics. It looks better to pay it off in small installments every month than it does to have a near empty savings account. In the long run though, you will pay more to the credit card companies. 'I' would rather have that money than 'them' have my money.

barnie.gif
I'm really mad reading this thread because i get junk from my cc co's and throw them out-so it really said to call if you don't want your rate to go up?! I bet they count on us all junkin' these letters and not reading them! Now I have to go look up my %age rates! I have Discover, Disney, Citi! 2 have $0 balance but one is up there due to xmas and a recent vaca! I'm afraid to look!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Not saying have a bal. but having no credit card can hurt your score, having a bal. more than 33% of limit will hurt it also.

Have always payed cash, and use debit card.

Justs heads up, no payment of any kind, you will have a zero score.

Only reason I got a auto loan was to get a score back. With my heath cost I may need the credit.

Crazy zero score worse than a bad score.

Wise man told me years ago, two kinds of people. Those that pay interest, and those that collect interest. That when I start paying off all my bills. Now I collect and not paying. But didnt know I would loss all credit.

Last edited:
Be really really careful using debit cards these days! Especially with on-line transactions.

Two ways they get you: sometimes they will freeze up to 3 XS the amount you paid for something until the funds clear. If you have other expenses hit in the meantime you end up going over and slam fees out the wazoo!!! Haven't had it happen to me but I know someone who had the account frozen to the tune of $120.00 for a $25.00 gas purchase.

Secondly, on-line fraud with a debit card can empty your account and you have very little protection with a credit card at least you do have that.

Quote:
That may not be true for all credit card companies...

It's not.
Mine said the choice was accept it or cancel my account. Glad I practiced paying i t off every month last year!

Credit cards are a trap. Banks are stock companies, and a good deal of the stock is owned by foreigners that I wouldn't do business with for any reason. That is where all of the money we wasted on oil and gas is invested. They bought our banks and real estate.

And now billions of dollars are being printed to bail out the banking industry. This is the biggest rip off in history.

We need a national usury law to put an end to the abuses we are enduring. They say that will kill our credit industry, but where is it now?

We need to do business with only Credit Unions if at all possible. They are owned by the members, and for that reason they cannot be owned or taken over by foreigners.

Don't buy imported items, especially stuff made in China. It is better to buy something used in the second hand store than to buy something new made in China.

We need to get out of GATT. We need to end the income tax and depend upon tariffs to support our government. This will resuscitate our own industry and create jobs.

We need to restrict foreign investment in certain critical industries. Especially aerospace and defense industries.

We need to control our borders and restrict immigration from certain countries. If they hate us so much, why would they want to live with us? Why should we let them?

We especially need to think before we vote. There is no free lunch.

Rufus

We had a credit card with citibank (notice the word HAD). For some reason they thought my husband was dead and sent a notice stating and I quote "We have learned that GB (my DH) who was a valued customer has passed away. Please accept condolences from our client and our company." My DH was alive when I left for wok this morning and breathing and talking about 15 min ago. Now I'll have to prove he is alive...wonderful...I hate dealing with credit companies.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Be really really careful using debit cards these days! Especially with on-line transactions.

Two ways they get you: sometimes they will freeze up to 3 XS the amount you paid for something until the funds clear. If you have other expenses hit in the meantime you end up going over and slam fees out the wazoo!!! Haven't had it happen to me but I know someone who had the account frozen to the tune of $120.00 for a $25.00 gas purchase.

Secondly, on-line fraud with a debit card can empty your account and you have very little protection with a credit card at least you do have that.

Good point on Debit card, I keep a checking account with small bal.that I use the debit card. Another checking account for other reason.

Debit card works for calling ahead for car rental , and etc.​

Back
Top Bottom