OMG Sooo funny, Serama's first crow.....

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
So, I got this pretty little serama roo from cthrash1 the other day, he is about 8 weeks old, and she said he hadn't crowed yet, but her other two are crowing...

This morning the sun is coming through the windows to him (I have him inside until he is a little bigger - pecking purposes, not heat purposes) and I hear this sound like someone is stomping a mouse to death. The dog begins to have fits, coming into my office to whine at me and running back into the sewing room where the roo is.

So I go to investigate, and I see this teensy rooster, all standing as tall as he can, and crowing - "the call of the stomped mouse" crow.

I'm still chuckling over it.

Peace -
Meriah

My Ductch bantams roos go "Squeaka Squeaka-Doooooo!!!"
lol.png

My Huge cochin roo almost rumbles his rare crows.
cool.png

Congratulations!! His first crow...It is hillarious isn't it...My DD and I would sit in the lawn chairs back at the coops just to wait for the new crows and crack up every time one of our older 3 would crow when they first started. You should see us sitting back there like big nerds waiting for our chickens to do something funny.

Fastchick - LOL Yep, squeaka squeaka doo is about what it sounds like.

Cindy - I often sit and watch the chickens, too. That is why I love that some of them free range, they can come to me, and I can sit on the porch in the shade, LOL.

I can't wait to let the little guy and his little girl out with the other seramas. Hubby says the other coop cells should be done by this weekend. As soon as I can move the spitzs out of that coop, they can go in safely.

The cochins are doing great, too. The little skinny one is eating like mad. I think maybe she just got pushed out of the food at her last home.

I never thought I'd want fluffy chickens, but these are just so adorable - thanks for showing them to me - ya knew if I saw them I'd have to have them, didn't you?? LOL ya sneak.

Oh, and Marley decided to crow this morning for the first time, too. I guess that wyandotte has his manliness ramping up, LOL. Every time I go in to check their water to see that it is fresh, he follows me inside (he finally stopped sitting and watching her) to see if I'm gonna let her out yet.

I'll have to take some pics to add to my photo page of the new chickens, and so I can send them to family - they all laugh at me and my spoiled chickens.

Peace -
Meriah

My Serama just crowed for the first time a few weeks back and I have it on video here on BYC someplace. If you do a search for Serama's first crow you may find it. It's a sad sad crow LOL But it's so cute!

Back
Top Bottom