Omg!! Such Stupid People One Meets!!

queenbeezz

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Orlando
This is an open letter to the STUPID woman I met at TSC-

I know that you think the chicks your children were manhandling at the store were cute little fuzzies. Yes, they begged and pleaded. You told me that your husband was going to kill you for buying them. Strike one. Then you told me that you were buying them for your kids and only keeping them for three weeks and finding homes for them. Strike two. Then you told me that you didn't have a yard, only an enclosed pool area to keep them in. Strike three.

You were surprised when I tried to educate you. I told you that you would need a pen for them, they poop a lot, need warmth, are rather fragile creatures at this age and possibly may die. I told you that the children could possibly get salmonella from them. I tried my best to talk you out of buying those poor little things.

Then you asked if I thought six chicks and two ducklings was too much.

Some people never get it. My mother taught me to be a polite person. So I told you as politely as possible that you are a stupid woman, these were not toys, they needed proper care and proper enviroment. Your children would become attached and you would break their hearts by getting rid of the chicks. Go home and read the blogs on www.backyardchickens.com. Do the proper research, be prepared and informed. Here is my number, if you insist on buying them, call me when you are ready to re-home them. If they live that long.

All this time the manager (who knows me well) was standing there smiling. He knew full well what I was up to and I apologised to him later. He says he was glad I did it. He can't refuse to sell them to you because you are stupid.

thumbsup.gif

OMG of that lady bought them i would have rang her up $$$ and lots of it saying all these policies and stuff!!!! but i think that illegal. TCS should have a policy saying "Educated chicken owners are the only ones who can buy chicks. if you want to have some buy an incubatior from here go on ebay and get some eggs. hatch the eggs. tada!" BEST POLICY EVER!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Unfortunately a lot of these people are not only stupid, they just don't care, at all. All they care about is apeasing the children's whining at the moment, they don't care about the babies they are taking home or what will become of them when the interest wears off much less are they interested or willing to take the time to learn about proper care. They see no reason too since, to them, these are cheap, throw-it-away-when-your-done-with-it 'things'. Sad. This is the kind of thing that makes me think that TSC's minimum of 6 is still to small. I know a lot of us who care for our birds properly often want to pick up just a few but I'd be more then willing to have to buy a larger minimum if it maybe helped prevent even some of this kind of buying. Now I'll get down from my box. Sore topic for me too.

Sadly, too many pets are purchased this way. Buying on impulse, emotional buying, without any thought or research into the deal. It brings a lot of suffering to many animals.
Congrats on saying something to her. But that's not to stop her from buying them the next day when the impulse strikes her again........Good luck to the little chickies!

Kudos to you. I know I have simply walked away once or twice at those situations, fuming. But recently I have tried to offer information and suggestions. I will admit it was to adults, from mid-20s all the way to quite elderly (and since I'm in my late 50s, and NOT anywhere near "elderly," thank you very much, the couple was easily in their late 70s). Parents indulging kids, well.....

I don't like kids in the first place.

You did good.

Back
Top Bottom