OMG. the FLIES!!! there here there here!!! RUN!!!!

Oh yeah,

ducks = flies

that's for sure!

sickbyc.gif

Quote:
She's the last of five that were free range initially. We raised five more this year and when we tried to introduce them to her, she freaked out - completely. She had made friends with our neighbor's last surviving Aracauna though and the neighbors gave her to us so now they live together.

Oh, I'm glad she has a friend. I started with 6, lost one to free ranging, and 2 have had their legs go out. I culled one, but the other is still around. He may have to be culled soon, though. He's not getting around as well as he used to. Guineas can be really hard! But they are such fascinating birds, and you are right, great at eating flies!
tongue.png

I agree, the fly traps are horrible...smelled like we had some dead animals laying around! I like the fly tape/sticky strips...although I admit, I was hesitant to buy them at first.

I asked the guy at the feedstore if they really worked and he said, "Honey, when one fly gets stuck on this thing, all of his buddies will come to attend the funeral." Boy was he right! I use those strips around the barn for my horse, too.

thanks guys! i have some fly strips but i will see if i can get some fly paper! i have a perfect place to put a big piece of fly paper!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom