OMG THEY"RE CHEEPING!! PICS!!!

Katie Jo

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Wadsworth, Ohio
Sweet Lord on High, they're CHEEPING!!! One has a pip!! I little tiny crack....but it's a pip!!! I can't contain my excitement...my dogs and my husband think I've gone off the deep end!! Today is.....well....tomorrow at noon they will have been in incubation for a full 20 days. I can't believe it's finally happening! YAY!!!!!!!!!! You can be sure I'll post pics as soon as something visually cool happens!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be a chickie mama!!!!!

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
love.gif
Good luck with your peeps!

i am so glad for you, but know it can take up to 24 hours for then to come out, so do not open the bator till all have hatched and got dry. good luck william

My first hatch was a couple weeks ago, me and my 2 daughters (ages 4 & 7) camped out by the 'bator from first pip to last hatched, we even squished into a little bed in our guest bedroom where the incubator was, and slept there for 2 nights!! Was soooooooooooooo incredible, can TOTALLY understand your excitement..!!

jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
!!

What kind of chicks & how many?

Update! Sorry it took me so long...it was an exciting night of listening and watching. I barely slept...everytime one peeped, I'd have to race to the bator to see if something happened! Here's what's in the bator:
2 RIRs (from bargain)
7 EEs (from halo)
5 BOs (from bargain)
6 Blue/black/barred rocks (from Halo)

This morning, one of my twins was doing her daily check of the bator, and one of the RIRs decided she wanted out RIGHT NOW. She had pipped last night, just a tiny crack.....but this morning it took her less than 15 minutes to bust out of the shell! My girls watched the whole thing....shrieking with excitement! I had to tell them to shriek quietly or they'd scare the living daylights out of the chickie. Chickie is doing well...peeping up a STORM and trying to find a way OUT of the bator. But I SHALL RESIST the temptation to open it!!! Now I'm gonna try to figure out how to post pics...so hopefully I'll get those posted soon! Oh, and 3 other eggs are pipped!

I think it's so much more exciting to have kids around when it happens. They almost give us the liberty to act like excited little kids ourselves when this kind of stuff happens. It's extra fun!
big_smile.png
The photo suspense is killing me!

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

I have 2 hatched and am waiting on 4 more under my broody silkie I know the feeling my DH said he hadnt seen me so excited since our wedding...I keep getting a quick look as one or the other baby pokes its head out from under momma

Back
Top Bottom