OMG, They're here, all 8 of them made it !!!!

mendogurl

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
They are scary cute. the post office called and I raced over there. They peeped all the way home, I was so worried that there were only 2 or 3 really loud ones.
Got them home, checked their vents, all clean (Thanks MPC !), and they are all in their brooder.
One little Astralorp seems a bit shaky, a lot of lying down alone.

I also can't seem to get the brooder temp up above 85 degrees, so I put cardboard over one of the windows in hopes of warming things up.

Pics !!

24104_dsc_0558.jpg

24104_dsc_0565.jpg

24104_dsc_0569.jpg

Two of my cats think that I have invented new kitty torture and are dying of frustration that they can't get to the chicks. My other cat went in the other room and went to sleep. Probably figuring he'll just wait it out and at some point I will give him one of the new toys.

A little worried about the Astrolorp.
She did eat and drink, but while the other chicks are running around, climbing in their food dish, falling off the roost, she is just lying there. Seems wobbly.
Should I look for, or try to do anything, or just wait it out.

Quote:
I just brought in a box from UPS that they are trying to unwrap, so they are momentarily distracted.

Astrolorp (Charlotte) is drinking.

Oh my gosh, they are SO cute!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to get mine (ours will be in April since it's so cold here still). Will keep my fingers crossed for that little Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom