OMG we have a pip!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bearz, May 19, 2010.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Last night ds snuck in and checked and one of the eggs was pipping. Mama was making a real racket so we knew something was up.

This is amazing considering what she has been thru. After the wind blew her house around and knocked around her eggs we thought sure this was a bust but she still has 5 eggs under her so we're hoping for 5 babies!

Not gonna go out there and bug her. Nope. Not gonna do it.

Yea, right.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Go Chickies!

No Touchie, Mommie!

3. Goosehaven

Goosehaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I thought I wouldn't have any hatch either earlier this spring because my geese moved and combined their nests three different times to three different places. I had eggs rolling around every which way during the process. We had four hatch successfully and one hatched but died out of the 13 in the nest. We probably would have had more if they had left their eggs in one spot but considering the percentage of goose hatches is lower I thought we did good the first year. I was very excited too when mine started pipping and within 4 days they had all hatched out. Good luck!

4. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    After school ds snuck in to check. One baby out and fluffy, one egg pipping! The daddy almost bit him and mama wasn't much happier but he got to hold the chick for a few seconds. Cute little bugger.

Not gonna bug her again for another 24 hours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by