Omitting lap siding gaps

DoeAndGander

Songster
5 Years
May 24, 2017
Southern Minnesota
Any suggestions on how to attach a run to metal lap siding and omitting the gaps in the lap? I need my run to be weasel proof. I’m concerned with the gap between the laps and would rather not cut the siding to put 4x4 directly on to sheeting below. I’ll take a photo for example

Yes! I think I’m going to try jigsaw route. The plan is to build a bigger coop in future and this building will turn into a yard shed. The widest gap Is about 3/4”
7864E1F3-720D-4022-94E1-2EB7FB78220F.jpeg

Make 1" diameter tubes from1/4" hardware cloth about 2" shorter than the exposed siding. They will flatten out to fill the gap.

Hey guys!! Any suggestions on where to put people door? I’m thinking #2 would be best. I will be building it up with dirt and mulch to help with drainage and will have stumps for a barrier of some sort to keep it in place on slope 5C319970-4539-41BE-972F-95BA4768B384.jpeg

Any suggestions on how to attach a run to metal lap siding and omitting the gaps in the lap? I need my run to be weasel proof. I’m concerned with the gap between the laps and would rather not cut the siding to put 4x4 directly on to sheeting below. I’ll take a photo for example

I would secure hardware cloth on both sides of that corner, line it.

Hey guys!! Any suggestions on where to put people door? I’m thinking #2 would be best. I will be building it up with dirt and mulch to help with drainage and will have stumps for a barrier of some sort to keep it in place on slope View attachment 2403928
Whichever one is the shortest path when hauling water.

Back
Top Bottom