Omlet autodoor opening

TheFatBlueCat

Crowing
Oct 16, 2021
New Zealand
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all,

I have found the measurements for the omlet auto door, but I'm not so good at visualizing this. Does anyone here have one, and also have big birds? I am thinking of getting the door put on my new coop when I order it as the people who make them also stock omlet. My question is, is the door big enough for big chickens? My rooster is a very big dude and he already looks pretty hilarious getting through the pop door I currently have (which is wider than the omlet but not as high).

Hi. I have an Omlet auto door on an Eglu Cube coop. I love the auto door. To give you a visual (see pics). My 4 girls are 8-month old standard sized breeds. I can't imagine any chicken (even a big roo) wouldn't be able to get through 😁

Attachments

• 20211111_171828.jpg
    20211111_171828.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211111_171421.jpg
    20211111_171421.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211111_171006.jpg
    20211111_171006.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 11
I don't know how big your rooster is but birds can duck down and climb into small openings without much trouble. My adult turkey can squeeze into an 8x10 chicken coop door (same demensions as omlet door).

I have one and It works great for my all my birds (big and small). I can’t find pictures right this second but I’ll post them when I find them.

On a semi-related note, what sensor settings do you have your opening & closing at? I have mine set to close @ 2, but since the sunrise is starting to change, I’m having an issue with it opening a little too late. I can’t seem to get the opening level right. TIA.

On a semi-related note, what sensor settings do you have your opening & closing at? I have mine set to close @ 2, but since the sunrise is starting to change, I’m having an issue with it opening a little too late. I can’t seem to get the opening level right. TIA.
I don’t use the sensor. Just the timer. I found it easier just to set the open time and close time.

Hi. I have an Omlet auto door on an Eglu Cube coop. I love the auto door. To give you a visual (see pics). My 4 girls are 8-month old standard sized breeds. I can't imagine any chicken (even a big roo) wouldn't be able to get through 😁
Hi there! Have you ever had any issues with the door getting stuck? Also, are you in a cold area? I’m interested in the functionality of the door in freezing temps. Thank you!

Hi there! Have you ever had any issues with the door getting stuck? Also, are you in a cold area? I’m interested in the functionality of the door in freezing temps. Thank you!
Every once and again it won’t close because something is in the tracks that I can’t see but not very often. However, it did get iced over and froze one time this winter when we had a bad ice storm. But has worked great in -20 degree weather.

Back
Top Bottom