Omlet chicken fencing?

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
I am considering in buying the Omlet chicken fencing. I would use it around my chicken coop and run for SUPERVISED free ranging only. I understand that it won’t keep any predators out but is only designed to keep chickens in a certain area of your yard or garden.

Has anyone used it? Is it relatively easy to put up and take down?

I have the kind that is sold by premier 1.
It’s the no shock version.
Personally I love it.
It allowed me to reclaim my yard, but still allow supervised free ranging.
They now have about 2000 square feet to roam, play and run full speed.

It was easy to put up, and I reconfigure and adjust it some, but it would be a pain to set up and remove daily.

I am considering in buying the Omlet chicken fencing. I would use it around my chicken coop and run for SUPERVISED free ranging only. I understand that it won’t keep any predators out but is only designed to keep chickens in a certain area of your yard or garden.

Has anyone used it? Is it relatively easy to put up and take down?
I have used it successfully all summer. Check your ground though, if it is dry and hard the step in stakes won't work so well and you may have to drill out a little. I did find the spacing they recommend for stakes is a little broad and there may be some fence droop so it might be worthwhile to add a few extra just to be safe.

I had two chickens who could fly over (both leghorn types) but the rest stayed in unless I borked up the gates.

I have used it successfully all summer. Check your ground though, if it is dry and hard the step in stakes won't work so well and you may have to drill out a little. I did find the spacing they recommend for stakes is a little broad and there may be some fence droop so it might be worthwhile to add a few extra just to be safe.

I had two chickens who could fly over (both leghorn types) but the rest stayed in unless I borked up the gates.

Thanks! I ordered the kit with 5 extra poles so hopefully this will prevent some of the excessive sag between posts that some reviewers on the Omlet site have noted.

I plan to clip the wings of my Silkie, my 3 Ameracauna pullets and my Olive Egger pullet to prevent the potential flyover issue. I don’t think I need to clip my full size Cochin because she’s so enormous that I can’t imagine her flying out. And again, I only intend to use this Omlet fence- enclosed area for SUPERVISED free ranging. The netting is obviously only intended to keep chickens in a designated area of the yard and not designed to keep predators, especially hawks and owls, out of the enclosed area. They’ll only be allowed out of my Fort Knox-like coop and run and into the Omlet enclosed area when I am actually right out there with them.

Thanks! I ordered the kit with 5 extra poles so hopefully this will prevent some of the excessive sag between posts that some reviewers on the Omlet site have noted.

I plan to clip the wings of my Silkie, my 3 Ameracauna pullets and my Olive Egger pullet to prevent the potential flyover issue. I don’t think I need to clip my full size Cochin because she’s so enormous that I can’t imagine her flying out. And again, I only intend to use this Omlet fence- enclosed area for SUPERVISED free ranging. The netting is obviously only intended to keep chickens in a designated area of the yard and not designed to keep predators, especially hawks and owls, out of the enclosed area. They’ll only be allowed out of my Fort Knox-like coop and run and into the Omlet enclosed area when I am actually right out there with them.

I can't imagine more than 5 would be necessary, so you should be good. My cochin never got out over the fence, just the Whitings, so you should be fine. One suggestion I have is when you move it, definitely take the poles out as you go, or the netting does get tangled in the posts and can be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom