Omlet Coop Door

zaz13

Chirping
Apr 3, 2020
West PalmBeach, FL
Hi guys - I recently purchased an Omlet coop door so I wouldn't have to worry about opening the door in the morning. Ive been infrequently having issues with the door, where it only closes partially, and displays an error reading, "wiring fault."

I contacted the company and requested a warranty replacement. The new door has the EXACT same issue - infrequently.

I've done some testing, and I have noticed that I only have the issue when I lock the display. By pressing and holding the down arrow button, you can lock the display so that the settings can't be changed without first unlocking the display again, by pressing and holding the down button.

Has anyone with an Omlet coop door noticed the same thing? I've kept my display unlocked for 3 weeks now and have yet to experience a wiring fault error. When the display is locked, it works most of the time but fails every once in awhile.

If you haven't noticed the issue, but have an omlet coop door, could you possibly test my theory? See if your door gets a wiring fault when in locked mode?

I have the green door with software version 1.2.5!

Hi guys - I recently purchased an Omlet coop door so I wouldn't have to worry about opening the door in the morning. Ive been infrequently having issues with the door, where it only closes partially, and displays an error reading, "wiring fault."

I contacted the company and requested a warranty replacement. The new door has the EXACT same issue - infrequently.

I've done some testing, and I have noticed that I only have the issue when I lock the display. By pressing and holding the down arrow button, you can lock the display so that the settings can't be changed without first unlocking the display again, by pressing and holding the down button.

Has anyone with an Omlet coop door noticed the same thing? I've kept my display unlocked for 3 weeks now and have yet to experience a wiring fault error. When the display is locked, it works most of the time but fails every once in awhile.

If you haven't noticed the issue, but have an omlet coop door, could you possibly test my theory? See if your door gets a wiring fault when in locked mode?

I have the green door with software version 1.2.5!
I don't have an Omlet door but getting an error in locked mode, sounds like there is some defect. They already sent you a replacement for that same issue...I would contact them again and let them troubleshoot it since it's their door. You are supposed to be able to lock the settings

I also have the Omlet door and have not had this issue. I don't keep the display locked, though, as I don't see the need. Have you registered with Omlet's platform? Similar to BYC, but for Omlet customers only. You can post your question there and likely get more feedback. Good luck!

I've just bought the door, and have exactly the same problem when using lock mode. After a few minutes, the door moves a few inches and then reports "wiring fault". I've only tried it a few times, but it always reports the fault.

I've just bought the door, and have exactly the same problem when using lock mode. After a few minutes, the door moves a few inches and then reports "wiring fault". I've only tried it a few times, but it always reports the fault.
Yep - fortunately there is no one in my household that would mess with it. Ive decided against locking it and haven't had a single issue since then.

Thx, I'll stick with it. I don't need the lock display either. At first, I thought it was locking the position of the door.

We just got ours installed this weekend and this happened last night. Yes, I was playing around with the lock function yesterday. I will report it to Omlet and see what they say

Back
Top Bottom