On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

"Zapraska" is the Slovak word for "roux."
Thatā€™s so cool! In Bulgarian, ā€œzapraskaā€ is the past tense of ā€œit started slammingā€, used humorously for heavy rain thatā€™s slamming you into the ground :lol:

I like the roux/roo connection... because heā€™s a rooster :) Clever.

Thatā€™s so cool! In Bulgarian, ā€œzapraskaā€ is the past tense of ā€œit started slammingā€, used humorously for heavy rain thatā€™s slamming you into the ground :lol:

I like the roux/roo connection... because heā€™s a rooster :) Clever.
I hadn't even thought of that! I just named him "Zapraska" because his down was kind of the color of a zapraska. And it sounds nice.
I have a couple of other chickens that are named after Slovak foods -- Kolachi is named after a filled yeast pastry, Paska is named after a traditional Easter bread, and Hrutka is named after a traditional egg cheese made for Easter.

I hadn't even thought of that! I just named him "Zapraska" because his down was kind of the color of a zapraska. And it sounds nice.
I have a couple of other chickens that are named after Slovak foods -- Kolachi is named after a filled yeast pastry, Paska is named after a traditional Easter bread, and Hrutka is named after a traditional egg cheese made for Easter.
I love the Slovak food theme. And it's always fun to see how different Slavic languages use the same words differently. In Bulgarian, kolache is a bagel, and hrutka is a hunting dog :lol:

Back
Top Bottom