On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
I don't know how you would adjust the humidity in your boob-bator so I wouldn't worry about it. You don't have a heating element or fan drying you out like in an incubator so humidity wise I would think you're pretty close to natural. lol
I can always mist it if more is needed, but since baby appears fine I don't think I will.

I found a guide online showing the correct air bubble size for each day of incubation, but I cannot for the life of me find it again now...

On a side note, is there any way I can tell if baby is in distress for any reason? And once the embryo is more developed, how can I tell how it's doing? Right now growth is easy to see and I know if the unthinkable were to happen I would be able to tell due to the blood ring...but as baby grows to fill the egg, how could I know for sure?

Last edited:
I can always mist it if more is needed, but since baby appears fine I don't think I will.

I found a guide online showing the correct air bubble size for each day of incubation, but I cannot for the life of me find it again now...

Misting directly on the egg will actually have the opposite effect. Water directly on the egg will encourage evaporation and pulls water from the egg. Ambient humidity is what is raised in an incubator and it it to slow the process due to the heating element and fan drying out an incubator. I hope that makes sense. And here are a couple of good images on air cell size. I'm working on a couple this month so I'll have accurate air cell image on actual bantam and standard eggs while monitoring weight loss percentage to hopefully give a better representation, but it won't be ready until after this peep since it's the same timeline.

Air cell candling (1).gif
Air cell candling (2).gif

Misting directly on the egg will actually have the opposite effect. Water directly on the egg will encourage evaporation and pulls water from the egg. Ambient humidity is what is raised in an incubator and it it to slow the process due to the heating element and fan drying out an incubator. I hope that makes sense. And here are a couple of good images on air cell size. I'm working on a couple this month so I'll have accurate air cell image on actual bantam and standard eggs while monitoring weight loss percentage to hopefully give a better representation, but it won't be ready until after this peep since it's the same timeline.

View attachment 2042594View attachment 2042595
OMG thank you so so much! I am saving these, I hope you don't mind. These will be super useful. I've seen people mark air bubble size on the egg with a pencil, so I may do that too, just to keep track. I'm going to do everything I can to ensure baby is born alive and well!

OMG thank you so so much! I am saving these, I hope you don't mind. These will be super useful. I've seen people mark air bubble size on the egg with a pencil, so I may do that too, just to keep track. I'm going to do everything I can to ensure baby is born alive and well!

Of course, I did the same!

Back
Top Bottom