On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
I promised myself I wouldn't cry. But my heart is absolutely broken.

My boyfriend's dog kicked me hard in the chest this morning shattering the shell. I put him instantly on a warm wet rag with a thermometer and everything. Unfortunately he was too far gone and after a bit he stopped moving and his veins emptied and got dark.

I did an eggtopsy so I could at least hold him and sing to him one last time. I wanted to see his little face. And he was so perfect. His little head swollen from the impact I assume, his little wings and toes and beak perfect 😭😭 I will remember him as Baby. And I will try again with another silkie egg. But not right now. Right now I need time to heal.

Warning graphic images.

IMG-20200322-WA0038.jpeg
IMG-20200322-WA0042.jpeg
IMG-20200322-WA0044.jpeg
IMG-20200322-WA0033.jpeg

I'm so so so sorry for your loss! What a difficult way to end this experience! :hugs:hugs:hugs
Just so you know when you're ready to hatch Silkies again, don't be alarmed but lumps on some of their skulls. It's called a vaulted skull and while not all of them hatch with it some of them do. I hope the eggs in your homemade incubator are doing well so you have little peeps to look forward to!

I'm so so so sorry for your loss! What a difficult way to end this experience! :hugs:hugs:hugs
Just so you know when you're ready to hatch Silkies again, don't be alarmed but lumps on some of their skulls. It's called a vaulted skull and while not all of them hatch with it some of them do. I hope the eggs in your homemade incubator are doing well so you have little peeps to look forward to!
Only egg 9 of 17 appears to be growing, the others were too old I guess. Thank you for your support, it means a lot. I was really looking forward to meeting this little one.

I have blue Silkie eggs coming next month hopefully so I can try again then, I'll probably be MIA a few days but I'll be back here with updates on the quail eggs.

RIP Baby 😭💔

Back
Top Bottom