On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
Hello all!
So I'm very new to chickens. I recently bought two adult Silkie hens, and impulsively stuck their egg in my bra Friday night (they were housed with a rooster up until I bought them around a week ago). It's currently in a sock inside my sports bra, under/between my boobs. I'm just scared my melons will crush it, those things are heavy haha!

Anyway, how soon can I tell if anything is developing? It's been 2 days, today will be the 3rd. I've slept with it in my bra, just have to sleep on my back lol.

So uh. Any tips? Anyone done it before?

I have a few other eggs I'd like to hatch, but for those I will be building a homemade incubator. There's only so much room under my melons, after all!

I have a 40-watt incandescent bulb, now just trying to figure out whether to use a Styrofoam box, shallow plastic box or a cardboard box for the body of the incubator. I live in the Caribbean so it's pretty hot and humid here.
I habe hatched a muscovy that was partially incubated from my boobs before I had the egg 2 weeks before they hatched our body temp and humidity is more suited for waterfowl than chickens I think I read

I’m so sorry to hear this! But you did such a great job. Look at what a big, perfectly formed chicken you grew in your boobs, and from day 1 no less. Not many people can say that. And, as heartbreaking as it is, at least you don’t have to live with the guilt of accidentally breaking it yourself, or the uncertainty of him not making it to the end for unknown reasons. At least now you can blame it on the dog!

Question for those that know more than I... but to me, lookingat it from an experiment point of view, boob egg doesnt look like it was developing right anyway. To be on day 24? And not nearly soaked up the yolk sac and all, it could be safe to say it wasnt going to make it anyways.

Maybe given more time itd have soaked up more in the shell, but at this rate itd be past day 30 for sure to have gotten snywhere near or closer to pipping a shell...

Question for those that know more than I... but to me, lookingat it from an experiment point of view, boob egg doesnt look like it was developing right anyway. To be on day 24? And not nearly soaked up the yolk sac and all, it could be safe to say it wasnt going to make it anyways.

Maybe given more time itd have soaked up more in the shell, but at this rate itd be past day 30 for sure to have gotten snywhere near or closer to pipping a shell...
Today was day 22...

Back
Top Bottom