On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
I'm seriously non confrontational, sometimes to my own detriment, lol. Honestly though, don't let it get to you. People are going to have their opinions. You could have just eaten the eggs instead of trying to hatch little chicks out of them. Not sure I see the problem.
Honestly I can't even get mad because I also feel bad for the ones that haven't made it. But there's losses in bators, too. I haven't heard of anyone having a 100% hatch rate even with the best commercial bators... And 0/17 in my bator, with only one making it halfway to hatch before quitting, is pretty rough...

Honestly I can't even get mad because I also feel bad for the ones that haven't made it. But there's losses in bators, too. I haven't heard of anyone having a 100% hatch rate even with the best commercial bators... And 0/17 in my bator, with only one making it halfway to hatch before quitting, is pretty rough...

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time with your incubators as well. If you do decide to buy one I've used several different models and I've narrowed it down to my favorites that I've gotten the best hatch rates from, including 100% hatch rates.

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time with your incubators as well. If you do decide to buy one I've used several different models and I've narrowed it down to my favorites that I've gotten the best hatch rates from, including 100% hatch rates.
I would very much appreciate that, thank you!

How's the remaining chicken egg doing? I haven't been on in a while!
There's an update on page 56! :) Fortunately the remaining chicken egg is doing well, and 3/6 remaining buttons are developing! The chicken egg already feels a lot heavier.

I would very much appreciate that, thank you!

Well my #1 recommendation is always the Nurture Right 360. It's reasonably priced, comes with an automatic turner, is extremely user friendly, and I get great hatch rates. If you're signed up for neighbor's rewards through Tractor Supply they carry it and you can purchase it with the 10% off coupon they send out.

IncuView is my second choice. It requires more fiddling with temps and runs drier so you'll need to be sure to add the appropriate amount of water while watching air cell growth but it's a great incubator, and you can incubate anything from quail to geese in the auto turner. Not that the NR360 is hard to clean but the IncuView is the easiest incubator I've ever cleaned. Lickety split.

Brinsea is another good one but they come with some sticker shock.

If you decide to go with a styrofoam incubator I would get the Hovabator. I've used it and a couple others with similar outcomes but Hovabator is more consistently reliable with more than just me.

Those are some to look into. Hope that helps!

Update on the egg -- I was taking it out of the little bag to candle it, and I lost my grip, dropping it. It broke and yolky stuff leaked all over the floor.
The oakwood flooring is fine, but the egg is, obviously, not -- it is very dead. Curse my clumsy fingers.
The little banty hen will probably lay another tomorrow -- I'd like to try one more time with this.
I'm annoyed at myself, though... I was too darned excited! Smack my head (I refuse to use abbreviations!), that was stupid of me.

Update on the egg -- I was taking it out of the little bag to candle it, and I lost my grip, dropping it. It broke and yolky stuff leaked all over the floor.
The oakwood flooring is fine, but the egg is, obviously, not -- it is very dead. Curse my clumsy fingers.
The little banty hen will probably lay another tomorrow -- I'd like to try one more time with this.
I'm annoyed at myself, though... I was too darned excited! Smack my head (I refuse to use abbreviations!), that was stupid of me.
Don't worry, it happens! I lost two button eggs, one dropped (while in the bag, but I was leaning over a counter so it hit the counter rather than hanging loosely) and one mysteriously found smashed in my boob. All you can do is try to be more careful next time :) I only take the eggs out now to turn and candle them while sitting on my bed, that way if any fall they'll still be okay.

Back
Top Bottom