On day 3 of trying to hatch an egg in my boobs

Pics
One coturnix egg seems to have quit :( the others are all kicking and moving super hard, one or two are HUGE in the egg lol! The buttons also are doing great. And the chicken... I confess I have no actual idea what day we're on, but it has to be close to lockdown. Will I hurt it if I stop turning it?

If it's close to "lockdown" anyway then they will be fine. Day 14 or after there are zero detrimental effects to not turning the eggs.

Hello all!
So I'm very new to chickens. I recently bought two adult Silkie hens, and impulsively stuck their egg in my bra Friday night (they were housed with a rooster up until I bought them around a week ago). It's currently in a sock inside my sports bra, under/between my boobs. I'm just scared my melons will crush it, those things are heavy haha!

Anyway, how soon can I tell if anything is developing? It's been 2 days, today will be the 3rd. I've slept with it in my bra, just have to sleep on my back lol.

So uh. Any tips? Anyone done it before?

I have a few other eggs I'd like to hatch, but for those I will be building a homemade incubator. There's only so much room under my melons, after all!

I have a 40-watt incandescent bulb, now just trying to figure out whether to use a Styrofoam box, shallow plastic box or a cardboard box for the body of the incubator. I live in the Caribbean so it's pretty hot and humid here.
Your trying to hatch an egg from between your boobs?! First question is why the hell are you trying this lol? And to find development, you can cancel the egg.

Your trying to hatch an egg from between your boobs?! First question is why the hell are you trying this lol? And to find development, you can cancel the egg.
Way ahead of you there ;)

SO GUYS possible external pip? Just below air cell. There was no internal pip. But it's odd. I was eating crackers and thought I dropped a big piece in my bra so went to retrieve it...but it was a piece of eggshell. The egg is horizontal, tucked between my melons, and was not being touched, moved or crushed in any way. A triangular piece of shell went flying off from the very middle of the top of the egg, and I saw some movement through the hole. I would say it has to be a pip but... The membrane doesn't seem broken at all just slightly pulled away from the shell in that particular spot. Candling does appear to show that's where the beak is but I could be wrong. I just have no idea how the chick could break the shell without breaking the membrane...or what else could have caused a tiny piece of shell to randomly eject itself from the middle of a hitherto uncracked egg.

Way ahead of you there ;)

SO GUYS possible external pip? Just below air cell. There was no internal pip. But it's odd. I was eating crackers and thought I dropped a big piece in my bra so went to retrieve it...but it was a piece of eggshell. The egg is horizontal, tucked between my melons, and was not being touched, moved or crushed in any way. A triangular piece of shell went flying off from the very middle of the top of the egg, and I saw some movement through the hole. I would say it has to be a pip but... The membrane doesn't seem broken at all just slightly pulled away from the shell in that particular spot. Candling does appear to show that's where the beak is but I could be wrong. I just have no idea how the chick could break the shell without breaking the membrane...or what else could have caused a tiny piece of shell to randomly eject itself from the middle of a hitherto uncracked egg.
Bizarre! Maybe the egg’s fed up with being in your bra and is trying to shoot itself out of piece by piece 🤣

Bizarre! Maybe the egg’s fed up with being in your bra and is trying to shoot itself out of piece by piece 🤣
Could be! Lol

Oh I forgot the photo
FB_IMG_1588109173998.jpg

It's the hole. I also see something just barely fluttering beneath like something pointy is poking at the membrane but not breaking it. It's not constant though
My brain is not focusing on the hole, all I can see is a triangle eggshell. I’ve looked at it from all angles and i’m waiting for it to make sense to my brain and it’s just not, lol. It’s like one of those brain teasers with the cubes 😂

What day is this eggy on?

Back
Top Bottom