On the edge need to vent...

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
How much drama can one person take!!!! I have a 2000 dodge lemon i mean intrepid, I have had the car since it was 3 years old and so far have put about 12 grand into it included in that 2 engines. I am expecting baby chicks at the PO, and also needed to ship out hatching eggs to a fellow byc'er. Recently it had sat for a month because we were under the impression that it blew another engine, turns out one of the shafts for the spark plug was totally messed up and needed to be rethreaded along with some other things. Finally back on the road again until this morning. Won't start!!!!! I get nada not even turning over. So here i sit stranded with no way to get to the PO to ship these eggs in which i have already wrapped in bubble wrap. I have to work tomorrow and have gotten no word from Ideal hatchery about when the chicks will be here so i can make sure im home to pick them up promptly. They took the payment out on monday so i assumed they would be at the PO this morning but the po said nope no peeps yet. I can't call ideal because its a long distance number and my calling card is expired !!!!
barnie.gif
. Are the eggs gonna be ok some are a few days old but have been sitting at a steady 60 degrees until i got enough to send. I sent ideal an email but haven't heard anything back yet. Things have not been going well here or with my family lately so im on stress overload and about to burst. Its a good thing the chicks didn't arrvie today because of the vehicle situation. Grrrr i have had it with bad things happening lately, i guess when it rains it pours!!!

Sorry for the rant, i feel a bit better now

I am not a mechanic, but I am fairly mechanical. When you turn the key it is doing nothing at all? Could be the battery or the starter. I had an Intrepid back in 98, but not long, I traded for a truck. I have no idea about the mechanics of them.
That would be the first two things to check though.

the eggs should be fine, and the car sounds like it is proably just a dead battery if it won't turn over at all. Is there someone around you that can jump you off?

Hang in there! I know exactly how you feel, and will pray that things work out for you today!

The battery was just replaced about a month ago so it's not that, May be the starter. When i turn the key the lights on the dash blink and it sounds like a wierd electrical misfire clicking sound but it doesn't turn over. I tried the interior lights and they work so i know the battery still has juice. No one around to jump me and my hubby has the cables in his truck. Thanks so much for the advice and prayers guys, it really helps
big_smile.png
. I am hoping to get to the PO after he gets home from work to ship these eggs off. I think they stay viable for up to 2 weeks as long as they dont get too cold right?

That happened to me one morning...but wasnt the battery and the car had a new starter. It was the neutral safety switch. I shifted the car into neutral instead of park. It started right up!

Last edited:
Hmmm I tried the neutral thing and still nothing so sounds to me like its the starter. AFter all is said and done darn near everything will have been replaced on this thing except the transmission :|. I would have been better off buying a new car had i known it was gonna cause me soo much trouble. Darn mopars!!!

Call the postmaster and explain your situation--
our last batch of chicks came Via mail when our van was in the shop-- and they sent them out to us with a auto-carrier that was in our area!

Quote:
Mine just did this and the battery was okay, but the wires to it weren't connecting right. I'd definitely check on that b/c you are explaining exactly what happened to me. Lights inside worked, it'd click when I tried to start it, etc.

Back
Top Bottom