Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Oquawka, IL
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
I will have to place my chickens. The man I thought loved me, says he doesn't anymore[after 6 1/2 yrs.] and wants me to move out. Like I said in my reply to Bantymum, I'm not just broken but stunned. I live in his home in the country and will have to move to the city where my family is, he likes the chickens but won't want to keep them or care for them as pets and egg producers. So, what I was wondering about, would there be anyone or a few who may be interested in adopting them. There is 11 altogether. They are all 19 mos. old. 1 Partridge cochin rooster, with 3 hens. 1 light Brahma hen. 6 Salmon Faverolle hens. All are healthy and lay well. Of course there would be no charge to the right people. This is another part of the heartbreak. I know it gets better, but it won't be coming fast enough. Thanx to all:(
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Keep your chin up,

just deal with it and get out of there.

I am sure someone will be able to take your chickens, and once that is aranged you will be able to move on, and maybe rebuild elsewhere.

I went through this so many times, but I always made sure the house was mine.

I have given up now, I just take care of my house and my sons, and my chickens. Pain is a great teacher.

I wish you all the best, sorry I am in the UK so I can;t help with the chickens.

Move on and be happy,

Jena.

Oh man, that's the worst! To lose your love, your home and your chickens at the same time. Peace to you, somehow.

Thank you to all who have written, for whatever the reason I find comfort in reading the responses, this is a huge undertaking, and the kind words make me cry. Debbie

So sorry to hear that you've literally lost everything!
hugs.gif

Take your time, grieve, take care of yourself, and eventually you'll come through this. Just be sure to post your chickens on the BST board so the folks close to your area can help you out (I would, but I'm coopless, and in TX). Remember to breathe....

Back
Top Bottom