Once eggs start rocking, how long till pip?

IndiaBlueBrad

Chirping
May 22, 2017
NC
My peafowl eggs in incubator started rocking last night, August 21st, could have been earlier in the day, but just noticed last night. I put them in the incubator on July 28th. It was on day 24/25 depending how you count they started moving. They are still moving today, August 22nd. That would put it at 24/25 days. My peas usually hatch early, but I was wondering how long it typically takes to pip once they start rocking? I haven't heard chirping yet. I've seen lots of people have hatches on 26/27 days on here. :frow I put them on lockdown last night, which was earlier than expected.

yep eggs hatch when they are dang good and ready, my over achieving chicks started rocking a week before I'd figured I'd goofed and forgot to write down the set date time etc and made me think I was really off, so have been in lock down getting turned until a day before what I thought should have been lock down, but today when turned them manually candled and sure enough have one you could see the beak poking at the air cell hadn't internally pipped yet so added more water and we will wait for em to come out. they will still be earlier than what I thought but that was human error

yep eggs hatch when they are dang good and ready, my over achieving chicks started rocking a week before I'd figured I'd goofed and forgot to write down the set date time etc and made me think I was really off, so have been in lock down getting turned until a day before what I thought should have been lock down, but today when turned them manually candled and sure enough have one you could see the beak poking at the air cell hadn't internally pipped yet so added more water and we will wait for em to come out. they will still be earlier than what I thought but that was human error
That's funny that they were rocking for a week. Sounds like you should have chicks anytime now. It's my first experience that this has happened this long, so I was getting concerned, but you're right, they'll hatch when they're ready. I put mine on lockdown when they started rocking, which was a day before I was planning to. Thanks for your reply, and the gentleman before as well.

That's funny that they were rocking for a week. Sounds like you should have chicks anytime now. It's my first experience that this has happened this long, so I was getting concerned, but you're right, they'll hatch when they're ready. I put mine on lockdown when they started rocking, which was a day before I was planning to. Thanks for your reply, and the gentleman before as well.
Yea there were rocking enough the one had moved to almost the opposite side of the little brooder as only 5/12 were fertile which can accept that usually have a 100% fertility but noticed right after the rooster decided to molt with the first wave of hens getting ready molting

Yea there were rocking enough the one had moved to almost the opposite side of the little brooder as only 5/12 were fertile which can accept that usually have a 100% fertility but noticed right after the rooster decided to molt with the first wave of hens getting ready molting
I hope all 5 hatch for you. As far as molting, my Sumatra's stopped laying completely during their molt, still haven't started back, but they're still in molt. I feed them the best food I can get, Nutrena Layer. I wish I could give them Nutrena Feather Fixer, but it only comes in pellet form, and they won't eat that. With my peafowl, I normally have 100%, or close to it too. They've stopped for the season, except for these last two that are in the incubator that were surprises laid at the end of July, after the male had lost his train.

Back
Top Bottom