One Big chick!

Donna320

Mother Hen
May 30, 2020
We have 5 leghorn chicks, 3 black australorps , 3 red ( not sure of breed) and one Polish crested. One of our leghorns is twice the size of the rest of them. We believe they are about 4-5 wks old. We had them in the house when they were smaller but have since moved them outside. Any ideas why the one is so much bigger than the rest? We have already named her Boss lady!
IMG_20200521_201739.jpg

I have 16 chicks, all within 1 day old of each other. There is a grey one and a black one, both 2x the size of the others by week 2- even my 2 brahmas were dwarfed by them. They're now almost 6 weeks, and definitely not meat birds (they both look like Marans or Maran crosses). But happy, healthy and friendly😁. They're both great with the smaller chicks and bantams, too. I say just wait it out and see what you got!

I have 16 chicks, all within 1 day old of each other. There is a grey one and a black one, both 2x the size of the others by week 2- even my 2 brahmas were dwarfed by them. They're now almost 6 weeks, and definitely not meat birds (they both look like Marans or Maran crosses). But happy, healthy and friendly😁. They're both great with the smaller chicks and bantams, too. I say just wait it out and see what you got!
Yep, just wait a little longer! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom