One breed not laying?

dodgewoman

Songster
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
I'm really baffled here. I have a mixed bag of chickens. I have 4 EEs. The older one stopped laying the end of fall. Not sure why, she's fine, fully feathered and healthy. Now my other 3 have stopped laying! Yet all my other brown laying hens are still going. What the heck is up with the blue egg strike? I'm confused!

EE's are so finicky. Even their first winter laying they'll stop. It's just their breed. You'll get a few through the winter, probably, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

I have 4 EE's and they are laying really well considering it's winter with snow and such.Maybe you should go on egg hunt and look around for eggs.

I just did an egg hunt and found another tan one,lol. No blue! I have lights in the coop to keep them laying. Not sure what's up. They are being stubborn!

Can they suddenly switch cause so far they've given me 3 blue ones faithfully every other day.

If they lay blue/green eggs they always will. I will second the fact that my 4 EEs had a very short molt & are back to laying again. They were the first to lay & the last to molt. They also molted quickest. I am still waiting for my 7 Welsummers to start laying after molt & for some of them it's been 3 months. The EEs are great.

Back
Top Bottom