One Canada goose egg just hatched!!

Kenzzze

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
I only have 2 eggs and from the start I saw great development, so was pretty excited. Until yesterday the eggs had never moved and I had never heard a peep. The first egg externally pipped yesterday, and when I shined a flash light into the incubator this morning he got very vocal and hatched within a half hour.

My question on this one is, how long to I keep him in the incubator, he is pretty ticked.
smile.png

The second egg I was worried about because it was rolling and bumping around like crazy and then no movement today. I did take it out for a second to candle to see if it was still alive. It has just started to move into the air cell which is still pretty big and it peeped at me, so I am relieved.

My question on that one is...it has always been a little behind the other egg in development, so it sound normal to me that it has not pipped yet. If it still has a good amount of the air cell to breathe from and its peeping, I shouldn't worry, right?

I took the first baby out of the incubator because he was pushing the other egg around too much. He is now in a box I set up for him. He is finally settling down and sleeping. The temp in the box is slightly over 90 and he is almost dry. By the time I got him settled and comfy, I looked back into the incubator and the other egg has pipped. Yeah!

HELP!!!!I gotta Issue. I have three canada goose eggs. A vet asked me to save them from a flooded nest and she works with the dnr. I have One that has been chirpn for 24hrs and rockn away. I havent hatched for 18yrs and cant remember how long they take from chirp to first hole in shell. wondering when to pop a breather hole. Getn worried I saved them from flooded nest...and I mean flooded. there were six eggs literally floating airsac side up. candled when i brought them home and amazingly 3 were good after at least 3hrs in 50 degree water. that was saturday. I REALLY WANT THEM TO MAKE IT SINCE I TOOK THE TIME TO TRY AND SAVE THEM.

Well done for saving them but the fact its so active is a good sign. If you follow the link in the 2nd post of this thread it should answer many of your questions.

Good luck.

Thankyou. I just called my vet friend that asked me to do this. Comeing over to take a look. I rehabed a small whitetail deer last year and forgot how to do goose eggs. Thats sad.

Well do. Funny part is that im not much of a social media/cellphone/ chatroom type of person. I would go weeks living on my proerty without seeing anyone but this site i can handle. As soon as they pop ill post a picture. Thankyou and much appreciation for the input.

Well do. Funny part is that im not much of a social media/cellphone/ chatroom type of person. I would go weeks living on my proerty without seeing anyone but this site i can handle. As soon as they pop ill post a picture. Thankyou and much appreciation for the input.
Believe me I'm not either. But I do love talking about my birds.

Back
Top Bottom