One chick constantly sleeping, shaking, breathing heavy???

carollwood

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys, got 4 chicks from a feed store and two nights ago, one of them seemed way less energetic. The next morning she was on the verge of death; not moving, barely responding to touch, not eating/drinking/pooping. We isolated her and put her by herself directly under a heat lamp and right when we considered her done for, she got up and started chirping and moving around! We kept an eye on her and she has been doing up and down; she will get more energetic and chirpin around, then get very sleepy and inactive for a while again.

We introduced her into the brooder again when she was looking good and now she is very low energy, breathing hard (entire body shifting up and down) and constantly shaking her head back and forth. She is still eating, preening, etc. so it doesn't seem to be so bad but what do I do?? Is there any sort of nutrient or vitamin? A vet visit would cost upwards of a 100 dollars so I can't really afford it.

Sorry this got very long, I'm just very worried :( ( ( ( ( Thought she may have been pasting up so we cleaned her butthole of all poop and gave her a drop of olive oil per the recommendation of another thread I saw on here.

Idk if bumping a thread is allowed, but a moment ago she was running around and digging and now she is eyes shut, shaking her head back n forth again ?? very confusing

Back
Top Bottom