One Chicken Keeps her Tail Held High

Well, that sounds like a good idea, but after you neuter a rooster it neither behaves like a rooster nor it looks like one. It just eats.

Well I wouldn't do it, but because it is a possibility, some people hope that it'll allow them to keep a rooster they've grown attached to, generally in areas where it's otherwise illegal.

Thank you so much! I REALLY appreciate the pictures you shared. So she did have a little pink in comb and wattles pretty early on but then it became prominent around 11 ish weeks. That's good to know. There is hope mine is a hen after all! Thank you!!! She is so cute and pretty!

I thought it was a girl. Barred rocks are actually pretty easy to sex. The roos look much lighter in color because their white stripes are a little thicker than hens.

Attachments

• 1200-610548-barred-rock-rooster-from-hen.jpg
    1200-610548-barred-rock-rooster-from-hen.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 7
Thank you so much! I REALLY appreciate the pictures you shared. So she did have a little pink in comb and wattles pretty early on but then it became prominent around 11 ish weeks. That's good to know. There is hope mine is a hen after all! Thank you!!! She is so cute and pretty!
Thank you ! I hope so too! Enjoy! Their eggs are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom