One chicken laying four eggs in two days? Um...what?

HouseMouseHens

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 31, 2012
Portland, Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
So I have eleven chickens, only one of which is a white egg layer. I just posted recently asking why on earth my almost 7 month old chickens were not yet laying. Since then, my Blue Andalusian started laying, and today is her seventh day! The other's not so much... Haha!
My question though, is this: Both yesterday and today, I got two eggs a day (all white). I read here yesterday that it's possible(but rare) for young chickens to lay two eggs a day when they first start their cycles, but is it possible that it happened two days in a row? Yesterday we got an egg at 8am, and another around 4pm. But today, we got one around 10am, and another just now at 12:30. Could one chicken have laid four eggs in two days?? Sounds crazy!
I looked into my other chickens possibly being white layers, and the only one that I thought could be is my Welsummer, if she was in fact a Brown Leghorn since they look pretty much identical. But she doesn't have the white spots (ears?) on her head like a leghorn....

Any ideas?

I think you'll find you have four or more hens laying. If you will post some good pics in this forum, we have some people here who are excellent at identifying breeds!

Back
Top Bottom