One Dominating the rest, Seperate or let it work out?

leoismydog

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 30, 2008
Hello
I have a group of chicks, about 3-4 weeks old. They consist of 4 Buff Orp, 4 Amerucanas (EE) and 9 guineas.
I have 1 EE thats has started to terrorize the rest of the chicks this morning. I kept him in isolation today when i put the other chicks/guineas in there outside pen. Should i cage him tonight when i bring the other chicks in or let him be with them again. One thing i just thought about is did i reinforce his dominance buy letting him have the run of the tub today wile the other chicks were out? Should i cage him tonight out side the tub so he doesnt have the run of the tub again? There in a 300 gal rubber maid water trough about 5'5' circular for the brooder at night which is what he stayed in today. Any help appreciated. There were suposed to be straight run, so i would guess its a he. Im in the process of building there coop 4x8 that will have an outside covered area and uncovered area for them and they will be able to free range quite a bit also when there big enough. Thanks For all the info you have already given me in this project as a hole and thanks for the help with my first Post. Leroy

Last edited:
Was there blood or injury?
If not then I would put him/her back in they are probably beginning their pecking order.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
No blood or injury just unhaulted harrasement, it would not stop going after the Buffs and thinking about it only the buffs , picking at there feathers comming in. I just didnt want it to start a blood spot from what ive read thats where the canabalism usually starts.

Back
Top Bottom