One down hope there are not many more:

BarefootMom

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Half Way, Missouri
311264_2327914286651_1513518073_2505641_1217313_n.jpg

291783_2327913486631_1513518073_2505638_8148497_n.jpg

the guy that killed this big guy also has killed 3 coyotes in the past week! So glad he is having fun and helping out with our problems. All my chickens free range
th.gif

Yes very beautiful cat, im a cat person myself, and it does seem a shame that it had to die...
but i also understand that you cannot be feeding th wildlife with your chickens... most of the predators that affect poultry here in Oz are introduced, Red Fox etc... but when the native things (assuming bobcats are native to your area?) are the problem i prefer to protect the birds better, than not protecting them (with walls and a roof) and killing things that try to take advanage of the situation... after all they are just looking for a meal
smile.png

Thanks
cool.png

Zach

yes they are native. They also get small calves and other livestock. They are becoming quite a problem along with mountain lions. Oh yes it is beautiful and I think the hunter is going to have it mounted. But 30 yards is a bit too close for comfort.

I agree very beautiful and what a shame that it was a killer of your livestock. I just got another coon last night.No big cats in my area though I did see a fox down the road once.My mom loves her resident red fox. I would too if I did not have pets and livestock.

WOW
ep.gif
bow.gif
Glad those aren't coming on my property! One night this summer my 7 year old and I were checking the birds and putting everyone to bed. As we were walking up to the tree lined drainway that runs through our property we heard some coyotees yipping and scuffling around on the other side of the drainway. Scary stuff in the dark. I yelled and they ran off. I hear they are very difficult to shoot. Glad you found someone to help you out. My husband dearly wants to get one, but it will have to wait until we have a house out at the farm. Now we always ride the four wheeler to scare them off. The only thing he won't shoot is the red fox. I agree that they are just so rare and beautiful, but I may change my mind if I ever had a loss from one. Knock on wood we have only ever had a loss from a stray cat that isn't around anymore. It kept spraying the horse hay where we poison the rats and mice. My guess it ate something besides chickens.

Back
Top Bottom