We finished one coop and run (almost), then decided the chickens were so much fun we had to have more! Here is the one we just finished up. Started out to be pretty simple, but, you know how it goes. The roofing was left over cover sheets from metal roofing jobs, so, there are three different colors. Concrete walled manure pit is close by to the right. Standard stucco wire (left overs) for the run with electric fence twine at three levels to keep curious dogs and preditors at bay. Salvaged window and a door from remodeling projects. Lawn chair for supervized visits. Home made feeder out of scraps and an automatic dog watering bowl with a roof to keep chickens out. The nest boxes open to the carport wall where we park the horse trailer. We still need a couple of pieces of tin to finish the last wall. The next project is on the back side of the carport (which we need to stucco and paint). We will split this one up into three sections for different breeds later on. We have unlimited acess to gravel from our property for concrete, so that's what gets used for the floors. The wife does all the shoveling. 36 shovels to a half bag of cement. 12 bags of cement to do this section. I hate to do the math! It also gets a lean to roof over the glass door (another remodel leftover). Same red metal roofing as the pump house and tack room, leftovers again. We're soaking the ground to dig holes for the run this weekend. No insulation or ceiling in here yet. We'll see how much it sweats come winter time and deal with it then. The doors are home made from 2 x 4s and plywood. The windows are from some flat fiberglass greenhouse material that I had been trying to figure out what th heck I might be able to use it for. We did order some shade clothe to cover this run with, because it is on the north side and gets full summer sun. Now all we need is for these girls to get busy with the egg laying.