One egg on the mug warmer at school!

Mrs.Puff

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Southern Iowa
Hi everyone-- I'm at school, I'm a substitute teacher. So I had a hen sitting on 2 eggs, due to hatch sunday. One hatched 4 days early! The other hadn't even pipped yet, but I could hear it cheep. So mommy decided the other wasn't going to hatch and she left it. It was cold as an ice cube this morning! So I brought it to school with me today and have it wrapped in a towel and sitting on a mug warmer! I was looking at BYC and I suddenly heard it cheeping again!!! WOOHOO!!!
big_smile.png
I thought for sure it had died. But it is very alive and has already pipped!!!! The kids (teenagers) are very excited and hope it will hatch by the end of the day.

I'll keep you posted!

Ingenious save on your part! Thanks for sharing that story. Please post pics if you can; we'd love to see the new little "mug!" (sorry, I had to . . .)

Well-- I've got a little hole in the egg!!! I don't have a camera here at school, and we can't upload stuff on the school computers anyway. It's an EE egg by the way. I'm not sure who the papa is, since I have several roos. What is funny is that I've turned out with several white or almost white chicks this summer, and I don't have a single white hen or rooster!

All the students keep coming into my room to check on it!!

wow what a great idea and sometimes teens don't treat subs that well but this gives you a unique way to connect with them.
Good luck with the little one!

I'm back at school today! My chickie hatched! It had some trouble getting out of the egg since I couldn't control humidity very well, but I got it out safe and sound by that night. It's running around with it's big sibling (I hope not another rooster), doing fine with Mrs. Puff (mommy). Well, that's the story. Thought I'd update you all. Sorry I don't have any way to post pics.

Back
Top Bottom