One jumbled mess of babies!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Shared Acres, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    With not wanting baby chicks over the winter I have all my colors in one big coop. So off the top of my head I have:

One white SG NN roo
    One white Silkie Roo
    One Splash Silkie Roo
    One Splash SG Roo
    One buff SG roo

Two buff Silkie hens (one wasn't laying during this)
    2 white showgirl hens
    1 white silkie hen
    one black Silkie hen
    one partridge SG hen
    One splash Silkie hen

One decided to hatch babies at Thanksgiving and I got 6 white bowtied Showgirls...? You'd think with that mottled mess of colors you'd get something else.

Currently one white SIlkie and one White SG are hatching TOGETHER today. So far: 2 light yellow or grey, 1 black and 2 more that are too wet to tell. I have 2 Silkies, 2 Bowtied Showgirls and one Naked neck showgirl chick hatched.

It's the craziest thing!

Who would breed with whom to get a black chick? I only have ONE black hen. Although, the partridge's mom was black.

Cell phone photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] Cuties

3. Donna R

Donna R Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2009
    Plant City, Florida
    I am not sure who to breed to who. I have only white showgirl hens but splash, blue and black silkie roosters. I ended up with 3 blue showgirls. I is a hen, 1 died and 1 is too young to sex. Wish I knew what to breed to to get more blues and especially blacks. I am trying to find someone else with black showgirls to maybe purchase some, but no luck so far. I have my blue showgirl and a white one in the State Fair coming up in February.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by