One Legged Chicken

MySweetChickens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Michigan
I had a baby chick hatch today with one leg that he is unable to bend. At all. So of course the leg sits uselessly behind him and since he is just born he has no muscle to even know or try to walk with one leg so my question is should i cull him or is there something i can do to help him

Here it is i must say for one day he does fairly well to "scoot" around but i just want what is best for him

True thanks everybody im going to give him 24 hours to prove he can survive and then cull mostly just to make myself sure im doing the right thing ya know he isnt getting trampled and can reach the food and water but struggles a little to do so, so again thanks everyone and sadly you all are right he will have to be culled:/

i hatched a chick for a class at a homeschool thing and the chick had a slipped tendon and they didn't cull it, it has a home now but i'm positive that it's going to be in permanent pain.it was walking on it's joint . i wish they had just culled it but every person at the school thought that that was cruel when the cruel thing was to let the poor thing live!

Back
Top Bottom