One Lone Chicken

Ellies Egg Basket

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 20, 2017
Hi I am Linda and just joined the group. I have had chickens before when I lived on 13+ acres now I live in town and it is very different thinking of raising chickens. I am looking for a couple chickens, laying hens Astrolorp and maybe a Rhode island red. I enjoy gardening, cooking, baking, crocheting, knitting, Facebook and doll making. I would like to meet people who enjoy some of the same. I also love chickens, they can be so funny and fun.

:welcome

Hi Linda, it's nice to have you here!

Since you like baking, drop in on the Home Baker's thread (the link to get there is at the bottom of this post).

Thanks for joining us and best of luck finding the birds you want.

This is my hen, chicken little, she is about 6 months old I think, she is a rescue chicken. Does anyone know by looking at her what breed she is . I don't know. It seems she is trying to make a nest but then kicks it all around, so no eggs yet. Also her favorite food is rose leaves, is this strange or what. I offer chicken food, wheat and even cake and she walks over to the rose bush and eats the leaves as if to say I'll find my own food. She was happy today when I put her in the coop early, it was rainy all day and she didn't want to go in by herself. She wants to roost in a magnolia usually and after she is asleep I go get her( not very high I can just reach up and get her) some times she puts her feet our to stop me from putting her in the coop, she makes me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom