One lonely pullet

Llschwendy

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2018
I bought two pullets to add to my flock of 5 over the weekend. One passed away suddenly over night. I'm working on getting the healthy one a friend but in the meantime what can I do to keep the little hen happy and not lonely? She is still too young to put in with our older girls. Thank you for your assistance!

I bought two pullets to add to my flock of 5 over the weekend. One passed away suddenly over night. I'm working on getting the healthy one a friend but in the meantime what can I do to keep the little hen happy and not lonely? She is still too young to put in with our older girls. Thank you for your assistance!
Have you thought of re-homing her? Can you get her a same-age friend from the same source? What breed is she? How old?

Have you thought of re-homing her? Can you get her a same-age friend from the same source? What breed is she? How old?
Unfortunately breeder doesn't have anymore her age. We will not be rehoming her She is 8 weeks And still has some down . She is a Buff Orpington.

We think coccidiosis. We are putting apple cider vinegar with mother in her water. We sanitized the entire enclosure. But by observing her, she is doing just fine. Any advice on keeping her from being lonely until she can be with our big girls? She will be in quarantine for 3 weeks. Any advice on avoiding loneliness would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom