One more down, only one more to go!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Swiss gave me twin girls today! I wasn't there for it, I knew it was time when I saw her udder suddenly double! I stayed w/ her til 6 am and desided to go to bed, if she'd been my other doe (FF) I wouldn't have left her (or more likely I'd have been up every hour checking), but she's an experienced doe that does an excellent job and doesn't really need any help, so I figured she'd be fine. I knew she'd probably go while I was asleep. I've been running 50/50 on does and bucks so this tips the scale to the does! Unless my finale doe shocks me w/ trip bucks (I'm expecting twins, but wouldn't be shocked if it was a single) then I will atleast end up 50/50 which is all I ask!

So here they are!
    [​IMG]
    This little girl is apparently double dipping, my doe Willow has taken a liking to her and is feeding her!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And check out the KY on this one!! I'm calling her Kentucky!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is my neice holding Kentucky,
    [​IMG]

I don't know how I ended up w/ a buckskin out of Swiss and Dallas, and a chocolate buckskin at that (I love it). Only one of my kids looks much like her dam, the rest you'd never know how the mom was just to look at them!

So now I get a break, only one doe left and she's not due til anytime after April 1st (she spend a month w/ the buck).

2. CrimsonRose

CrimsonRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Wow way too cute!!! And how cool is Kentucky's markings!!! You can see the letters plain as day!!

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Awwwww. Too cute!! [​IMG]

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Isn't that the neatest thing? I've seen animals w/ markings that looked like certain things, I even had one earlier this year that looked like it said JOY depending on the angle, but I've never seen one so clear as this! I hope it stays as she ages!

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Oh, so cute! And doelings! Congrats!!!

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    And if you look at the whole white area it also looks like a long haired cat. with the head and front leg on the shoulder and leg and the body and tail behind it.
    The KY is very clear. Cool markings!

7. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    that's awesome with that ky on the side, i had a buckling last year with a mushroom on his back, we called him mush, congrats on some cute babies [​IMG]

8. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    SOMEBODY CALL THE PAPER!! for the kentucky become a local legend

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    How cute! I bet there's a college in KY that would love a new mascot! [​IMG]

10. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    oops double post!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by