One more flock

Leslie in Suffolk VA

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
I retired a few years and have thoroughly enjoyed having more time for my dogs,cats, gardening and granddaughter. I've raised several small flocks of various breeds of chickens, plus three white ducks and a couple of geese. I never learn - after swearing I'm done with the chickens, done with the heat and humidity of southeastern Virginia, I am lured to another chicken swap and come home with "just one more" round of pullets. I've learned the hard way that a chicken can choke her crop with dry hay, be poisoned with four o'clock seeds, and get beheaded by probably an owl. This time we bought one of those pretty coop kits, placed it in the middle of my vegetable garden, and our five year old granddaughter is helping to care for our single red Red Sex Link hen and four Buff Orpingtons pullets. I have posted my first problem for this flock: two weeks of suspiciously small eggs from what's supposed to be a BO laying her first eggs.

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers
1557cbd04e85473.jpg

Leslie, that's like me swearing off of ice cream. Please note my avatar. It does take new layers awhile to work up to full size eggs. Welcome to Backyard chickens. You've got questions, we've got answers - somewhere on this site.

Back
Top Bottom