One more I got as a chick and have no idea what it really is

happyhens1221

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2016
Valley center ca
got this one also from a pullet run was not sure what ot was as all the chickes had been moved around by customers. ..

The brown and tan chipmunk one...

Who now looks like this at 7weeks

I think its beautiful but again ee i think ? Any ideas on breed would be great..and for my black and white one below someone put the barred rocks next to the marans and yeah i have no clue which one i got since the chicks look the same and im worried i have a roo since the comb is turning pink and a bit of pink on the neck...and coloring is lighting up.

Any ideas or feed back would be great...thank you all for your help

I'm in my first year so have little experience, but the black and white one looks a lot like my Barred Rock from a hatchery. Both as a chick and now. Mine is also getting a pink comb that has me worried# Maybe it's a BR thing?

The one on the left!

Thank you yeah when I got this one it was from a straight run so I'm not sure what I got lol including my 2 road island reds...I know they are rid but not the gender I'm hoping since they are 6-7 weeks ther isn't much of a comb growing and no color yet so I'm hoping they are hens..I read online that a rir chick with a black strip on the head was pullet so that's what I went for 2 with the black stripes. ..we shall see if it was right

got this one also from a pullet run was not sure what ot was as all the chickes had been moved around by customers. ..

The brown and tan chipmunk one...

Who now looks like this at 7weeks

I think its beautiful but again ee i think ? Any ideas on breed would be great..and for my black and white one below someone put the barred rocks next to the marans and yeah i have no clue which one i got since the chicks look the same and im worried i have a roo since the comb is turning pink and a bit of pink on the neck...and coloring is lighting up.

Any ideas or feed back would be great...thank you all for your help

Does she have yellow legs? If so, then I'd say she is a Welsummer pullet... and that's a Barred Rock, not a Cuckoo Marans... Marans have white skin, Barred Rocks yellow and a dark wash on the legs...

Welsomer pulleys are very pretty and seem very sweet..that would be awsome as well..Thank you for your help you are all very nice. I wish I knew more but I'm still researching and learning so glad ty o have this site wish the supply stores were better at keeping their chicks labeled though..I love the ones I have but easier to research them when you know for sure the breed

Back
Top Bottom