1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One more newbie question?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pcosmom, Mar 30, 2011.

1. pcosmom

pcosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Is it normal for them to sleep all bunched up? They are not under light so I don't think they are cold, and they always sleep this way.. The light is on the other side of the water bucket

[​IMG]

2. Michigan Transplant

Michigan Transplant Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Marionville, MO
    Mine have slept like this, away from the light. They like the closeness of the others so that is why they are huddled together. Kind of like kittens or puppies that huddle for the comfort. IF they were cold they would be under or at least closer to the light. Looks like they are fine.

3. WVman

WVman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Salt rock/Hamlin, WV
    Yes it is normal for them to sleep all bunched up together like that

4. pcosmom

pcosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks I just wanted to make sure since I kept reading if huddled that they where cold, but they where not under the light. Now if the littlest one would stop being in the middle under the rest of them I would be in great shape..I don't want him to get smooshed...

5. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    The will continue to do this even after you have spent all of your time and money building them a beautiful coop and run [​IMG] You will be screaming "Roost, roost already!!!!!"

6. Aemelia

Aemelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I only have three but they sleep like that too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by