One more reason to stay away from feed stores! PICS!

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
4 new chicks AMERACAUNA'S!!!!! I can't believe they had them!

14951_amer2.jpg

14951_amer1.jpg

How terrible of you, to have to bear being near a feed store. I too, have to keep my wits about me as I pass it every day. Thats where I got my Australorps last spring and I know the store is just teasing me to come back.

I am lucky, I have already been vaccinated against this disease. Someone lives around the corner from my chickens and she has unTOLD variety of all kinds of chickens, gees, ducks, pigs, rabbits, you name it. i have known her for years and have seen and admired all her varieties for years without buying, so I can now look at a baby I want and not buy if I don't actually have a planned spot for it in my breeding program. I still like to see all her birds from time to time. She just got in a dozen KILLER speckled sussex last week or so. I told her I would like to be her first egg customer. Maybe I can grow a spine between now and when they begin to lay... probably not. those SS are SWEET!

Aww! Congrats on the new little Easter Eggers! They are so Adorable!! oh yeah... I tended to come home with chicks too from the feed store this past Spring... Its so hard to resist those cute fuzzy butts!!

WOW! I can't believe your feed store is carrying chicks this time of year. Ours here only carry them around Easter time. As a matter of fact the guy at my local farm store asked me yesterday when I was in buying feed if I was going to be getting more chicks this spring. I haven't had any intentions of getting any from anyone because I'm just going to hatch my own in the spring, but as soon as he asked, something made me ask what breeds they were getting in. Then I told the guy that I might just want some! I left wondering who just said that last statement! Its just a good thing that they don't carry chicks more than around Easter here.
lol.png

Your new babies are adorable!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom