One Noisy Chick

serinat

Songster
11 Years
Jan 12, 2009
Michigan
Out of my batch of babies, I have one loud cheeper. He seriously cheeps the freaked-out cheep all day and all night long. We've checked him several times, and he looks physically fine. I watch him eat and drink, poo and sleep, so I've done what I can do discern his troubles. I've picked him up and held him until he sleeps, which only quiets him for the 3.5 seconds that he's sleeping.

(BTW, I don't really know if he's a he. Just picked a pronoun to use. He's actually one of the smaller ones, so maybe he's a she.)

Are some chicks just noisy little buggers? He is SO LOUD.

I have a screamer, too. Hollers all night long, which is why I haven't had any sleep for a week!
barnie.gif

Healthy as can be, just noisy! I suggest earplugs- might help- unfortunately, I still hear everything at night. If one of the cats even thinks about scratching furniture, or at the first little sound of an urpy dog, I am up and moving. So the noisy little "dude" is moving out asap! I do use a red light for heat, and that keeps the others quiet- just not this one.
hmm.png

I have a BR pullet that does that. I keep telling my husband she has her capslock stuck on... Man she can scream a blue streak, she atleast settles and goes to bed though.

I had one EEer that was noisy from the day I got her from the feed store. Her name is Chirpy. She seemed to chirp loudly all the time, for no reason. She was like that for about 2 weeks, then gradually quieted down. She still chirps alot more than some of the others but she's not as loud.

Ditto everyone else! My SLW chirped for about a week straight earning her the name Cricket!! Everyone else would be snoozing and she be standing in the middle of the pile chirping her head off --errrr! Luckily she has quieted down now (week3). Hang in there!

i have a silkie chick with the same problem. my group of chicks is four and he always wakes everybody up!

Serina, one of my 5 day old Polish chicks does that. Hers is the voice I heard in the shipping box all the way during the drive home, and hers is the cheep I hear above all the others. They'll just be humming and trilling and chirping and this one Polish will be doing the primal scream thing. Today is the first day she's gotten better about it. Sure hope yours quietens down too.

Back
Top Bottom