One of my 2 button quail hens layed her first "pullet egg"!

Well in spring its doable...they would make it, these got cold, no wonder poor guys...yea, they are sooo much cuter then what I thought..I cant wait to get from you, it's killing me!! So were they a boy and girl? lol

Quote:
i think i'd feel safer shipping coturnix chicks together with buttons than alone (unless it's mid summer) cuzi think i'd tear up if i heard some died on the trip to their new owners lol!

They are way cute and that's why i'd be sad hehe! so i can imagine how you felt but still you got some and that's all that matters!

So what do you mean by "so where they boy and girl?" Do you mean that male I was going to sell to you? He was a male, and the silver is a male too! LOL! When I talked to you I thought the silver was going to possibly bea hen and i thought the cinnamon was going to be a male but they turned out switched cinnamon is a hen and the silver is a male.

That poor male i was goign to sell to you with that hen "Kitty" im glad that I asked to not sell him to you because the next day my male cat got into the brooder took him out and I found my cat with him on the floor, he was still alive but died the next night around midnight
sad.png
. I would have felt so bad saying "cant get him now cuz my cat killed him" LOL. I was sad but life goes on. So i have two hens and one male which is a perfect breeding "pair" (trio lol).

My male just started to sing (not crow but just sing) last night, so it seems like all three of my buttons are going into their hormonal stage (obviously...there was an egg) LOL So i am hoping he starts breeding them soon. He's only just now 7 weeks old so he' still inexperienced.
smile.png
They should have pretty babies, but i thnk all buttons are pretty.
smile.png

If you need help sexing your buttosn at 4 weeks old be sure to post about em ehre if you ahve a camera cuzi'd love to help!
smile.png

Niki

Awww...poor dude!!! Yea, she sent an older button quail chick with them, I think that is what kept the others alive....thank god, not sure hold old it is....Thank I will deffinitly post pics when they are 4 weeks old, thank you, I would love your help!!

They came from OK:rolleyes:
roll.png

Quote:
hehe you got oklahoma chickies! I think it's fun getting birds from different states even if they just come as eggs. LIke my sliver male he's an Ohio-ian! LOL! My pharoah coturnix are Virginians, and my new coturnixs are from all over the states....they're all mixed from different states so I can't even begin to guess.
smile.png

Well I thought if I atleast got a few, then when I got yours there would be like different blood, even though yours are too, it will add more.....atleast that was my reasoning with my Dh:lol:
lol.png

Quote:
that's good reasoning! You're supposed to keep the bloodlines as mixed as oppossible or you'll have the risk of losing fertility by inbreeding so you did the right thing!
smile.png

speaking of i'll be interested in buying bq eggs or chicks from you in the future
wink.png

Last edited:
Woohoo, I thought so, but didn't want to be wrong. That sounds great!! We will have both:D.

Speaking of adding bloodlines, next weekend we will be coming to Indiana or at least going threw there, to get some more silkie chicks:)

Back
Top Bottom