One of my 2 button quail hens layed her first "pullet egg"!

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
It's so tiny and abnormally shaped compaired toa normal button quail egg! LOL!

SO cute! I'll keep the first pullet egg and hollow it out (i collect eggs that i nkow arent fertile fi they're in good shape)...I think it was Pippin that layed it (my wild pied hen) but it could have been Keeper my Cinnamon hen. Either way I only noticed there was an egg because Kpax (the male) was playing with it andit was making a "ting ting ting" noise as he rolled it around LOL!

I took a picture of it next to my adult buttonquail hens unfertile hollowed out eggs

Pullet egg on left
IMG_4583.jpg

I messaged you about it (since you messaged me about it lol).

But incase anyoen else is curious...i have a few quail egg trays in carton cardboard material and foam quail egg holders (i recieved them from breeders i bought eggs from they held the eggs), if im collecting eggs for the incubator or to ship otu to someone, i put them in the cartons and atleast once a dayi tilt the carton, or put the egg in a different positon for a few hours so that the yolk doesnt stick to the shell.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
yeppers! thanks! I'll start fertility testing the eggs (this one wasnt fertile) and once I start getting fertile eggs I'll start tossing them in the incubator for everyone who wants some.
big_smile.png
Do you still want a pair?
big_smile.png

Then I have to collect some for a lady in Florida (eggs).
big_smile.png

Yea I do, I bought 12 babies for $50, only 7 made it....hehe I am sorry I couldn't wait...
hmm.png
, I guess I should have...I want many of them!! Lol, not just a pair if that is possible.
smile.png

Quote:
ofcourse!
big_smile.png
That's abummer some died! did you get em shipped in or what? *curious if they were shipped to you as chickapees* LOL! No reason to appologize by the way!
smile.png

Yea, hubby wanted to see if they would make it, and how they would do, it took 2 days instead of 1, we lost 2, before we got them, she sent 2 extras. I feel sooo bad for the little Buttons.

Quote:
awh well atleast you got some! I dont hear too too much about people shipping button chicks so I was interested in how it went!
big_smile.png
Even though it's sad im glad you got some!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom