One of my 2 week old chicks smell like cheese!

Curious1234

Chirping
7 Years
May 14, 2012
Her body smells like weird cheese and smells worse near her head...so I am thinking it may be coming from inside the digestive tract. She seems to be "healthy" otherwise. Could something be wrong?

I have a hen that's extra smelly. I posted about it and never got a response. Best I can tell, at almost 9 weeks old she is healthy and happy. Must just be her particular body oils.

i would start by getting her on yogart and apple cider vingar in her water if it is digestive other wise i have not a clue if you think its infection maybe go to your local feed store and get some anitbotic they should be able to help you on what kind or some one should post here what they think.

Antibiotic can kill normal digestive flora and make things worse and because resistance is built over time from overuse I think it's really better to save medications for when its needed.

Does she groom herself same as your other hens? I have one that seems to be pretty casual about grooming and though she isn't stinky (yet) Her flat dull feathers remind me of a greasy haired pre-adolescent boy and she's the only one who needs to have poop cleaned off her feet almost every time I handle her.

Back
Top Bottom