One of my BCM's just layed her first egg today!!!

Is that not the most sought after egg shell color? Who doesn't like chocolate? Way to go!
celebrate.gif

i have a BCM that just started laying a couple weeks ago and her eggs are sometimes solid in color and other times are speckled! i love it! your egg is beautiful! she may lay speckled ones too!
smile.png

Thanks to all of you...one of my rir's just layed her first egg this morning too...it was speckled and quite tiny...we couldn't eat the Maran egg though because upon further inspection it was cracked on one end...she must have been pushing hard to get it out and it cracked when it hit the nesting box bottom ...no worries though cause I added extra pine shavings to all the nesting boxes last night after I found the bcm egg...oh well...I'm just glad she's laying and I'm sure there are more to come...especially cause I have 4 of the bcm's...thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Beautiful egg! Mine are 5 months old now and none of them have laid an egg yet. We are hoping for some soon! I would be very excited if they laid eggs that looked that beautiful!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom